March 29, 2024, 09:21:31 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: what's the best chemical compound to remove and clean greasy dirt or very dirty  (Read 3663 times)

Offline abdulloh

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
What's the best chemical compound and its best proportions to remove and clean greasy dirt or very dirty grease

Offline OrganicDan96

• Mole Snacks: +20/-1
I don't quite understand do you want to remove grease from something or remove dirt from grease?

Offline abdulloh

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
remove full-of-dirt grease or full-of-grease dirt from something

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +526/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
To large degree it depends on what you're removing grease from. What might be used to clean grease off marble or steal may not be able to remove grease from a fabric or an biotic surface. Or maybe it could, but not without damaging the fabric/surface. It may also depend on the grease, which isn't very specific.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Offline OrganicDan96

• Mole Snacks: +20/-1
there are quite a few solvents you can use for this, I use petroleum ether to clean up paraffin oil from my fume hood when i use oil baths.

Offline Enthalpy

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +304/-59
Acetone and trichloroethylene dissolve "greases" well, but they dissolve many substances you may want to spare, like ABS, fabrics... So have a trial before.

Also, protect your skin, which needs its greases to be healthy. And beware allergies (I've seen an impressive one with acetone), fire risk, toxicity depending on the amounts and practices.

Sponsored Links