April 25, 2024, 05:54:51 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: What is the scooby snack system all about?  (Read 11327 times)

Offline Stewed_ant

• Mole Snacks: +8/-4
  • The original Arabian Alchemist (student).
What is the scooby snack system all about?
« on: June 20, 2006, 12:04:41 PM »
I gave a snack away and now i have -1 snacks  :-\

won't any friendly teacher replenish my snack? or atleast explain the snack system.
"Where you just going to use a bunsun burner to heat up the petrol??!!!!?" - Demonstrator

"Umm... no?" -Me . minutes later, "few!"
-------
Happiness is a stable octet!

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: What is the scooby snack system all about?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 12:06:41 PM »
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Stewed_ant

• Mole Snacks: +8/-4
  • The original Arabian Alchemist (student).
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 01:28:42 PM »
oh... right.  :-\ sorry.

well you should have an explanation on site help or something not just the forum, you know, to stop people from asking.
"Where you just going to use a bunsun burner to heat up the petrol??!!!!?" - Demonstrator

"Umm... no?" -Me . minutes later, "few!"
-------
Happiness is a stable octet!

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 01:39:18 PM »
Stwed_ant, point noted.

It was explained in the FAQ section, which i think had disappeared after the forum software was upgraded.
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 02:07:41 PM »
From the link titled, "Forum Rules and Policy: Read This Before Posting".

7.) Please do a Search before posting a new topic. There is no need to take double the space on our servers hosting a topic that has already been discussed previously.

:P
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline Baseball_Fan

• Mole Snacks: +7/-30
  • I'm a mole!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 03:24:09 PM »
oh... right.  :-\ sorry.

well you should have an explanation on site help or something not just the forum, you know, to stop people from asking.

From what I have seen, the scooby snack system is designed for people to use when they agree/disagree with what someone says. It does not seem to have any rhyme or reason in truth. If tomorrow 10 people with a different view joined this forum, the karma of many people might be the opposite of what it is now.

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-45
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 04:13:13 PM »
http://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?topic=8560.0
http://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?topic=8494.0

These are 2 topics that I found quickly. The search of "scooby snacks" and "scooby snack system" doesn't really yield good results.

Baseball_Fan, you just managed to piss some people off. I haven't taken a snack from you personally. Also you are probably right that it's because someone doesn't agree with you.

The majority of the scooby snack system is if you post a really good response to a question you get a scooby snack if you're lucky. If you have a bad post to a question you'll most likely lose a snack.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

Offline Baseball_Fan

• Mole Snacks: +7/-30
  • I'm a mole!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 09:43:09 PM »
Baseball_Fan, you just managed to piss some people off. I haven't taken a snack from you personally. Also you are probably right that it's because someone doesn't agree with you.

It does not matter to me what people think, because I know I am right and spreading light.

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 07:58:15 PM »
The majority of the scooby snack system is if you post a really good response to a question you get a scooby snack if you're lucky. If you have a bad post to a question you'll most likely lose a snack.

Scooby snacks are supposed to help evaluate the quality of the member's chemistry posts. It can't be helped if you feel that the Scooby Snack System was abused. There are just too many people on this forum to monitor. On the bright side, negative scooby snack count does not translate to demerit points in real life. What stays online remains online.

:D
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Sponsored Links