March 29, 2024, 01:45:26 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: TFP ester conjugation (Urgently need help)  (Read 4061 times)

Offline Backstreet Pharmacist

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
TFP ester conjugation (Urgently need help)
« on: February 06, 2018, 12:23:03 AM »
Anyone out there having experince in conjugating the TFP ester to benzoic acid ?

I fail many times, TFP is fragile hydrolizing in base condition. And somehow, eventhough we keep the reaction in acid condition, the conjugation reaction still not successfully completed.
I am working on PEG linker and try to conjugate the linker to TFP ester. But, seems like the PEG is hydrophilic and will not easily to keep it binding together with TFP. So, i conjugate the amino benzoic acid at the terminal chain of PEG, with hope that it prevents the TFP from hydrolizing. But, I think it's not work though since I found different peak other than the peak I expected by LCMS.

What should I do ?
 ??? ???

Offline zarhym

• Mole Snacks: +14/-1
    • Linkedin
Re: TFP ester conjugation (Urgently need help)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 02:56:42 AM »
About a year ago, I was synthesizing ethyl 2-fluorobutanoate. We tried many different synthetic routes reported in different kinds of literature and patents except the one using Fluorine gas. None of them works. The strong electron withdrawing nature of fluorine atom changes the nature of the molecule. Even under basic condition (KF, 60 C), 2-fluorobutanoate can somehow degrade and become messy mixture.

Eventually, we find another company so that they can help us with fluorine gas.
Perhaps fluorine gas may be your final answer.

Offline Backstreet Pharmacist

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: TFP ester conjugation (Urgently need help)
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 04:32:27 AM »
Same thing is happening to me. I've been through this condition for almost 3 months but have no good solution.
So, guys have you find the solution ?
Pleas heeeellp :(

Sponsored Links