April 18, 2024, 05:25:17 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Programming in Chemical Technology  (Read 6477 times)

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
Programming in Chemical Technology
« on: June 22, 2006, 08:34:16 PM »
Anyone here familiar with writing software for chemical application, especially using the OpenMaple API?
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Retired Staff
    • New Asia Republic
Re: Programming in Chemical Technology
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 10:21:25 AM »
All I have is the help file from Maple 10, which contains a non-reading-friendly description of the OpenMaple Java API. It does not categorise the various Java classes and methods at all.
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Offline eugenedakin

• Oilfield Consulting Chemist
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +88/-2
  • My desk agrees with the law of entropy
    • Personal Website
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 10:50:12 PM »
Hi Geodome,

I program my own.  I have created many types of calculations for personal use (makes work MUCH more efficient).  But, it is nice to use a great program (such as maple) in which they have finished alot of the hard calculations...

Has anyone else completed such a feat ... or does anyone else love math the way I do?

Sincerely,

Eugene
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Offline technologist

• Mole Snacks: +6/-4
    • Chemical Professionals
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 01:40:05 AM »
I use VB with Excel.

I have made compelete Simulation pAckage for Entire Ammonia plant.

Programming using generalized EOS for the performance evaluation of
centrifugal compressors handling any mixture of gas at any pressure level.

Reactor models using kinetics for Shift Reaction and Ammonia. Model for Reforming rexn is incomplete.

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Retired Staff
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 11:24:54 AM »
I guess it is common for chemical engineers to write their own mathematical package.

Sponsored Links