Is Love a Biochemical Phenomena?

YES
14 (63.6%)
NO
4 (18.2%)
Not Sure
4 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Topic: Is Love a Biochemical Phenomena?  (Read 35111 times)

Offline Baseball_Fan

• Mole Snacks: +7/-30
  • I'm a mole!
I know you are so what am I?
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2006, 03:39:00 AM »
Not true. When people are wrong the best they can do is make up rubbish. The worst they can do is call each other names, and hey, I am willing to admit I am the latter, which one are you? :)

Everything I wrote is fact. You can't rewrite history. AIDS started in the gay community. That is a fact, no matter what you say. I remember watching the news in the 1980's, when AIDS was called "gay cancer". I remember how people didn't want to use public bathrooms because there was fear the disease could be transmitted just from being in the same area with a sick person. You might not have been around back then, but I was and I remember the panic. It was 1000 times worse than any bird flu or SARS. I also remember news stories about gays infecting straight women on purpose, to force the disease on "mainstream" society because nobody cared when gays shared needles with drug users. Everyone figured they deserved it.

I'm amazed when I see a liberal and they claim to be so open minded, but the first thing they do is attack religious people.

Offline mike

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2006, 03:43:56 AM »
haha, oh you were "around" in the 80's were you? Oh you sound so wise, *lol*

Anywho, since when has the "news" been a source of facts?

Everything you write is just unsubstantiated rhetoric...

Nice try, but you are obviously just stirring up trouble.

1000 times worse than bird flu or SARS! what does this even mean dude? haha are you sure its not 900 times or 1100 times *lol* seeya
There is no science without fancy, and no art without facts.

Offline woelen

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +40/-2
  • The art of wondering makes life worth living...
    • Science made alive
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2006, 04:06:13 PM »
If you don't believe that AIDS is a disease made for gays, then consider there is a new strain of AIDS that is more powerful than the old one, and it only infects gays. This is happening today, it was in the New York Times, that old AIDS drugs are not working and the new AIDS is killing homosexuals. It is clear what God thinks about gays, and once again He is proving to us God is real and all powerful by forcing those people to repent or suffer forever.
Pleezzz, pleezzz, are you really a christian? I am a christian and it really hurts me if I see this, written by someone who claims to be a christian. The name of God is crippled by writing this, instead of glorified.

God loves gays! Why? Because God loves ALL people. Christian gays have a very hard time, trying to survive in a christian group and that is WRONG! Are you better than gays, even if they practice? We all are sinners and who am I to place myself above gays? Sure, the bible tells something about the lifestyle of some gays, but the bible also tells something about the lifestyle of some hetero's. I also disgust the gay parade as it is made every year in Amsterdam, but that is something different than persons, who are trying to find their way in life, which is hard enough for them. I think that such gay parades are bad, because most gays do not live like this, but I think that your writings about God's position against gays is equally bad, because it makes life so much more difficult for gays.

No, this is the kind of reasoning which I hate. I personally know a gay girl, who is christian as well. I know her struggles and instead of coming with all this pointing fingers to them, we should help them find their way with God and themselves. Christians should try to love people and not try to convince people that they are wrong implying yourself being right!

So please, may I, as a fellow-christian, ask you to think over twice what you write? Scientifically it is invalid as well (I don't believe in viruses, selectively acting upon gays only, that is just urban legend), but what most irks me is that the name of God is harmed. People tend to think of God as the brute Force, destroying and killing every one who is not acting precisely as God wants. But God is not like that, God is a VERY forgiving God, and I'm 100% sure that later on in heaven I will meet lots of gays, even ones, who practiced their sexual feelings!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 04:18:17 PM by woelen »
Want to wonder? See http://www.oelen.net/science

Offline Baseball_Fan

• I'm a mole!
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2006, 05:04:15 PM »
God is a VERY forgiving God

God is only forigiving of those who ask for forgivness.

Did anyone catch the report from the Pentagon that the USA military has again classified homosexuality as a disease, right next to personality disorders.

Offline woelen

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +40/-2
  • The art of wondering makes life worth living...
    • Science made alive
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2006, 05:48:01 PM »
I agree with that, but that does not answer my question on homosexuals! What about a homosexual who asks forgiveness, but still has a very hard time not to practice? You know very well that you sin every day and you need to ask forgiving every day. So, please do not make sins of homesexuals more severe than other sins. As I wrote before, WE ALL ARE SINNERS, and homesexuals are no worse than any other people!

Did anyone catch the report from the Pentagon that the USA military has again classified homosexuality as a disease, right next to personality disorders.

I hardly can believe that is true, but if it is, then the Pentagon has made a big mistake. But what even irritates me more is your harsh position against homesexuals. I would have expected otherwise from a christian, sorry to say that. Suppose Jesus was here, right now on this forum, discussing homosexuals? Do you really think that He would be so harsh against homosexuals?

Do you know that story of that Samaritan woman, who had "used" and pissed off five husbands already? Did Jesus like that? Of course not. But Jesus was full of love, even to such a woman! So, He will do exactly the same towards homosexuals, yes to everyone, who really feels bad about his/her sins and wants to change things.
Want to wonder? See http://www.oelen.net/science

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2006, 12:51:13 PM »

Aren't Christians supposed to be forgiving people too?
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Offline Baseball_Fan

• I'm a mole!
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2006, 03:22:28 PM »

Christians are not supposed to accept an evil act. Homosexuality is like pedophilia.

A better example would be, do you want a strip club and bar to open on your block? Do you want drunks with no morals walking in front of your home at all hours. Do you want prostitutes walking the streets, bringing drug dealers to your neighborhood. Everywhere that gays open up their bars, you get these problems in greater numbers than elsewhere. The lifestyle gays choose is evil.

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-45
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2006, 04:06:25 PM »
I'm not implying that you are wrong, but could I please see a source of your statistics?

I personally don't mind gay people as long as they aren't huge flamers. When they are like that, they just annoy me beyond all hell.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

Offline Dude

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +42/-9
  • I'm a mole!
Re: Is Love a Biochemical Phenomena?
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2006, 06:36:03 PM »
Geodome,

You are likely right, but there are a lot of caveats.

I believe that "love" is mostly an internal biochemical phenomena.  In brute simplicity, it is the concept that person A places me in higher regard than everyone else.  That feeds my ego and in return, I "love" that person and place that person in higher regard than everyone else.  It involves a bunch of bitmaps.  For example, at age 5, I associate a blonde woman with a positive experience.  At age 7, i associate a certain dialect or voice with a negative experience.  At age 9, i associate a thin woman with another positive experience.  Over time, these experiences accumulate and create a number of "model images".  Women that come close to socially or physically fulfilling this model image create internal biochemical responses.  If my attention towards her is reciprocated with an equivalent amount of attention,  I am "in love".  It would be a very complex equation and probably impossible because for most people a lot of the model image also comes from peer input.  Additionally, several of the bitmaps are unique for each individual.  There also appears to be a dog-like dominance phenomena in love relationships.  There is a dominant and a submissive angle that is likely influenced by many variables (birth order, religion, upbringing, intelligence, physical characteristics of the person, etc). 

Offline mike

• Retired Staff
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2006, 08:37:39 PM »

Christians are not supposed to accept an evil act. Homosexuality is like pedophilia.

A better example would be, do you want a strip club and bar to open on your block? Do you want drunks with no morals walking in front of your home at all hours. Do you want prostitutes walking the streets, bringing drug dealers to your neighborhood. Everywhere that gays open up their bars, you get these problems in greater numbers than elsewhere. The lifestyle gays choose is evil.

Bull-s**t! *lol* you are wrong and have no idea what you are talking about.

hmm a strip club on my "block" (whatever that is?) sure that sounds great saves me having to go into the city *haha* oh and even if I did go I am sure I would be forgiven by God.

And you know what, I would take a drunk neighbour, a prostitute neighbour, a drug user neighbour  any day of the week over an ignorant bigot such as yourself. In all honesty the cr*p that you are spreading is much more evil than anything you are talking about.

The simple fact is, your are wrong. Be more tolerant!

Offline Baseball_Fan

• I'm a mole!
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2006, 09:34:50 PM »
hmm a strip club on my "block" (whatever that is?) sure that sounds great saves me having to go into the city *haha* oh and even if I did go I am sure I would be forgiven by God.

And you know what, I would take a drunk neighbour, a prostitute neighbour, a drug user neighbour  any day of the week over an ignorant bigot such as yourself. In all honesty the cr*p that you are spreading is much more evil than anything you are talking about.

You make life worse for the rest of the planet by exploiting women and supporting strip clubs. You say you have no problem with prostitutes or drunks. You cheapen life, just as an alcoholic slowly destroys his mind and body.

God will not forgive gays who continue their evil and perverted lifestyle. If you look at the old testament, God commanded that all gays be executed. God grouped homosexuals in the same group as people who have sex with animals or children or incest.

Offline mike

• Retired Staff
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2006, 10:49:51 PM »
You make life worse for the rest of the planet by exploiting women and supporting strip clubs. You say you have no problem with prostitutes or drunks. You cheapen life, just as an alcoholic slowly destroys his mind and body.

Who ever said it was a female strip club? Don't assume anything mate! ;)

You cheapen life, just as an alcoholic slowly destroys his mind and body.

Nope, I do not cheapen life, more unsubstantiated opinion....

God will not forgive gays who continue their evil and perverted lifestyle.

ermm, yes He will. Oh and by the way, why is it perverted? What is the correct way to do "it"? *haha* there are many so called hetero couples who do basically the same thing dude ;) who cares what you do as long as it is consentual..

If you look at the old testament,

Again, mate you got it wrong, the bible is just some fellow's interpretation of the teachings of God and Jesus, no doubt there would be some things that have to be read with a little common sense. Man I know when I wrote my thesis I thought it was perfect but I still found a bunch of mistakes in it, and my thesis was way shorter than the Bible!

Oh and PS Dr Evil,  why not reply to this?
In all honesty the cr*p that you are spreading is much more evil than anything you are talking about.

Offline Baseball_Fan

• I'm a mole!
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2006, 01:08:29 AM »
mike, I almost don't want to respond to you because you sicken me. You're an evil person and will burn in hell, and suffer if you don't change. This is my last response to you, then I will ignore you.

God is clear with what he believes about the actions you do. It is filthy and wrong. The old testament states in Leviticus 20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them".

If the old testament is not good enough for you, God repeats this in the new testament 1 Corinthians 6:9- "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders". The very next sentance in 1 Corinthians 6:10 - "nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God". It should be perfectly clear that people with low morals will not enter heaven. God commands me to speak the truth, so you know what you're doing is wrong.

God hates what you do. You better get to terms with that, or you will suffer for all eternity in fire.

I've spoken all I want to with you. From now on, I am going to ignore you.

Offline mike

• Retired Staff
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2006, 01:35:18 AM »
mike, I almost don't want to respond to you because you sicken me. You're an evil person and will burn in hell, and suffer if you don't change.

No I won't, I already checked with God.

God is clear with what he believes about the actions you do. It is filthy and wrong. The old testament states in Leviticus 20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them".

If the old testament is not good enough for you, God repeats this in the new testament 1 Corinthians 6:9- "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders". The very next sentance in 1 Corinthians 6:10 - "nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God". It should be perfectly clear that people with low morals will not enter heaven. God commands me to speak the truth, so you know what you're doing is wrong.

God hates what you do. You better get to terms with that, or you will suffer for all eternity in fire.

hmmm, well unless you are God (God? is that you?) then who the f**k are you to say any of this anyway?

The old testament states in Leviticus 20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them".

You have misread/misquoted this. The actual passage reads:

If a man also lie with mankind, and he lieth with a woman at the same time, all of them have committed an orgy: they shall surely be put at a special place in the kingdom of the lord. Their blood shall be upon those who walk through the valley of the shadow of death.

So I don't know what you are talking about because it seems you are just making up scripture!

On another point it has already been proven that the Bible is only 76% original. And that the Corinthians is one text that has been deemed a fraudulent document! So you should be careful what you believe.

I am not sure where you are from but it is a fact that 79% of anglosaxon males in the world are homosexual, and 50% of those are actually in relationships with women or even married. So more than likely you are yourself, or if you are not that you will be one day, as the onset of homosexuality usually starts around the age of 28 or so (I am not sure of your age so you will have to pardon me if you are not at this age yet).

I've spoken all I want to with you. From now on, I am going to ignore you.

Oh come now.... I can't beleive that for a second, you are obviously a well educated person who is keen on a debate, it would be a shame to simply bow out of the conversation at such a point. I apologise if I have offended you previously, hopefully you will continue sharing your knowledge with me....

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-45
Re: I know you are so what am I?
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2006, 01:30:14 PM »
I love the subject name.

I have not seen Baseball_Fan post a single source of where he is getting his statistics.

Start here for diseases.
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/express.htm

And here for your other statistics.
http://www.fedstats.gov/

Here is information on HIV.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV

Some information on AIDS which is after the HIV virus has pretty much decimated the immune system.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS

HIV/AIDS statistics.
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/resources/reports/index.htm

More HIV/AIDS statistics.
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/

Also it is very possible that for many years, possibly decades, before it HIV/AIDS was recognized, it was probably killing people, both homosexuals and heterosexuals.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

Sponsored Links