March 29, 2024, 07:57:49 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: 2006 FIFA World Cup  (Read 61408 times)

Offline Albert

• Lonely Wanderer
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +112/-22
  • Half Decent Pharmaceutical Chemist
Re: 2006 FIFA World Cup
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2006, 09:57:49 AM »
Italy does not deserve the World Cup.

All hail France! All hail France! All hail France! All hail France! All hail France!

I'm surprised to hear this from an Englishman like you, geo.  ;)

By the way, I thought the same after Cannavaro-Henry accident. I mean, I found that foul vulgar and unfair. I thought Cannavaro should have sent off. After that, however, the ref, who I didn't like, gives France that ridiculous penalty and I'm back supporting Italy.

The most positive aspect of the all story, anyhow, is that, finally, we won't have to watch anything about Italy's victory in 1982 any more. What a relief...

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2006, 12:27:32 PM »
When Materazzi twisted Zidane's Nipple, Materazzi actually held Zidane back from chasing the soccer ball which was in his vincity.

At least France is the lesser evil of the 2. LOL.
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Offline lemonoman

• Atmospheric
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +71/-8
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2006, 10:46:50 PM »
I'm not even gonna start with what I thought of this year's world cup.  You all see my posts in the Shoutbox, and I don't want to get myself into trouble.  But let's just say I hate Materazzi more than you can imagine.  Seeing the footage of what Materazzi was doing to Zidane beforehand...even without sound...he's clearly being the *sshole he's always been.  For that, and his cumulative effort to make soccer a game of cheating - I wish Zidane had have been rougher than he was.

That is all.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 11:04:38 PM by lemonoman »

Sponsored Links