March 29, 2024, 03:41:11 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Determine concentration of individual reactant from the conductivity  (Read 20616 times)

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
However, from the steps i introduced, i realise that the
overall conductivity = drop in conductivity of NaOH + increase in Conductivity of CH3C00Na,

Hence, the difference of overall conductivity consist part of " some" conductivity of CH3COONa, hence, is it still possible to use it?

Yes, it is covered by the ax + b(0.01-x) - ax is the CH3C00Na increase, b(0.01-x) is the NaOH drop.

Note that what is really happening is that OH- is replaced by CH3COO-, as Na+ concentration doesn't change.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline lotsolove

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hi i am doing the same experiment as well.
But I can't figure out how am I going to obtain the rate law through the method of excess as i do not have the concentration of ethyl acetate, i would be unable to use the integral method to find the order of reaction with respect to ethyl acetate. And i can't figure out how to find K as well if i use the method of excess as K in the method of excess is different from the K in the rate law.

Sponsored Links