April 25, 2024, 12:58:06 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Interesting Quotes from Forum Members  (Read 22735 times)

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
Interesting Quotes from Forum Members
« on: July 13, 2006, 01:41:22 AM »
Wikipedia is your friend

Any more? feel free to add.. I love the ones that relate to http://www.googleityoumoron.com
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Offline lemonoman

• Atmospheric
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +71/-8
Re: Interesting Quotes from Forum Members
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 02:11:10 AM »
Damn acid didn't stop at the gloves either,

Sheesh, just because you're writing a paper on 2D GC, you throw it around like it's candy and you're some kind of candyman. ::)

Hello i am a student and i am doing some tests and experiments and i need to know where i can buy " ephedrine hidrohchloryd " and i need information to know for what ephedrine hidrohchloryd can be used .. if there is someone who knows please send me PM

The drug ones always amuse me :D - it's like the people who post are ON drugs, the way they talk and spell :P
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 02:29:26 AM by lemonoman »

Offline cuongt

• Mole Snacks: +15/-22
  • I'm a mole!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 07:43:54 AM »
1.Quote from: lachie123 on July 03, 2006, 03:30:55 AM
Give me a break , u *Ignore me, I am a weenie* , i failed the  test anyway ( my results were not accuarte enough)

2.Topic locked, 5 days ban.(Borek)

Rofl when i saw 1. cracked up laughing LOL then 2. came i was laughing even harder lol

Offline Alberto_Kravina

• Assault Chemist
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +70/-15
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 01:07:43 PM »
Quote from: Borek on June 08, 2006, 06:57:39 PM
You are abusively wrong. It is enough to write the expression for the equilibrium constant to see that increasing pressure moves the equilibrium in this particular case to the right. But it requires KNOWLEDGE which you don't have. No wonder you have failed.

Could you please post a complete list of  common laboratory apparatus, their uses and history... thank you ;)

You must be joking. Read forum rules. Then try this link.

#1 made me laugh a lot.... ;D

« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 01:19:49 PM by Alberto_Kravina »

Offline Playerbeta

• Mole Snacks: +2/-2
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 12:16:23 AM »
Well, sometimes I visited Wikipedia and didn't get what I wanted. Coz there weren't event an essay about them.

When I found the topic I wanted, All APPEARED TO ME WERE SCIENTIFIC TERMS which I cound hardly understand.

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-45
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 07:21:50 PM »
Borek has a lot of funny quotes. Makes since sense he's the #1 poster.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 07:37:45 PM »

I am doing my best to look serious. When you come to an age you should be serious, shouldn't you?
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Alberto_Kravina

• Assault Chemist
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +70/-15
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 12:36:53 PM »

I am doing my best to look serious. When you come to an age you should be serious, shouldn't you?

...and where would you set the age broder not serious - serious ;) ?

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 04:50:35 PM »
Quote from: Borek
Only when dry. Besides, your solution contains enough organic substances to explode on contact with Mn2O7.

Borek puts it so simply why Mn2O7 isn't in the solution.

This originally came from http://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?topic=11370.0
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 08:03:39 PM »
2. What ratio of H2 to O2 is optimal?  Use a balanced chemical equation to answer this question.

You were specifically asked to write and balance reaction equation. Do it.

Once again Borek is good at answering questions.

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 04:44:59 AM »
This has to be one of the most hilarious thread title I have ever seen: Jiaogulan - Gynostemma Pentalhyllum - Immortality Herb
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2006, 01:41:21 PM »
Okay I added some of the quotes in this thread to the random quote block at the bottom. If you have more quotes from people, post them here and I'll add it to the quote database.

Wikipedia is your friend.     Dan (Chemical Forums)      Edit quote Delete quote
Damn acid didn't stop at the gloves either...    limpet chicken (Chemical Forums)    Edit quote Delete quote
Sheesh, just because you're writing a paper on 2D GC, you throw it around like it's candy and you're some kind of candyman.    Qazzian (Chemical Forums)    Edit quote Delete quote
Hello i am a student and i am doing some tests and experiments and i need to know where i can buy " ephedrine hidrohchloryd " and i need information to know for what ephedrine hidrohchloryd can be used .. if there is someone who knows please send me PM.    isa_ch (Chemical Forums)    Edit quote Delete quote
You are abusively wrong. It is enough to write the expression for the equilibrium constant to see that increasing pressure moves the equilibrium in this particular case to the right. But it requires KNOWLEDGE which you don't have. No wonder you have failed.    Borek (Chemical Forums)    Edit quote Delete quote
Could you please post a complete list of common laboratory apparatus, their uses and history... thank you    dYmpAuL_16 (Chemical Forums)    Edit quote Delete quote
I am doing my best to look serious.    Borek (Chemical Forums)    Edit quote Delete quote
Only when dry. Besides, your solution contains enough organic substances to explode on contact with Mn2O7.    Borek (Chemical Forums)    Edit quote Delete quote
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 03:37:08 PM »
He means show you have tried figuring out the reaction....not actually killing the fish!

Some fish may have been saved because of enahs' decisive action.  ;)

The original topic. Scroll down to about post 11.
http://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?topic=12313.0

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 09:24:49 PM »
Well I don't think that blaming hydrogen as the sole source of the accident is vaery fair either.

Because it was not, it was methane, actually. Bob had a big bowl of beans on the flight...

Hmmm...

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 09:48:46 PM »
suggest me something !

Spellchecker & forum rules.

Another one from Borek. For him though, that is some good advice.

Sponsored Links