April 25, 2024, 11:28:06 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Exam-project in chemistry for last year of High School  (Read 1380 times)

Offline Masteriska

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Exam-project in chemistry for last year of High School
« on: August 29, 2018, 05:52:25 PM »
(I want to apologize for any mistakes in spelling/language, English is not my first language)

I’m 18 years old and currently studying my last year of (what’s equivalent to) High School in the natural science program. To earn a diploma, one must do an exam-project within one’s subject. I was assigned chemistry.

My first though was to isolate caffeine from different kinds of tea and then compare the amounts, but out of the 40-ish people in my class there are already about 10 people doing this.

Then I thought about analyzing the amount of albumin-leakage within different bodily fluids such as sweat, tears and urine, but I realized I had no idea how to do this. I thought about using electrophoresis, but I haven’t gotten further than that.

Do any of you have any suggestions of what I can do as a project, or about how to analyze albumin-leakage? The course is 100 hours, but I’ll get a maximum of about 20 hours in the lab.

Online Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links