March 28, 2024, 06:58:15 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Polyol and isocyanate  (Read 3457 times)

Offline jmjengland

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Polyol and isocyanate
« on: October 10, 2018, 03:24:56 PM »
Hello,

Could you please help me with polyol and isocyanate chemistry foŕ making PU foam for automotive parts or where can I find it? Questions like:   why the foam is covered with crystals, etc. Also storage conditiins, reach etc.

Thank you

Offline P

• Mole Snacks: +64/-15
  • I am what I am
Re: Polyol and isocyanate
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 07:10:14 AM »
What do you mean 'the foam is covered with crystals'?   Is this a brand new piece of foam, one that has been in place for years or recently put in place?  Has it had anything spilt on it like a solvent or something?

Books have been written about isocyanate/polyol chemistry - what do you want to know exactly? 

If you are asking about REACH then is this for work? Everything is REACH registered in the process of making it I think but there are some strict regs coming in about the use of isocyanates - workers need training and things like that. I am not really inclined to write you an essay about it though - what do you want to know? Who do they employ at your place of work to keep up to date with REACH and things - go ask them.
Tonight I’m going to party like it’s on sale for $19.99!

- Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

Offline jmjengland

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Polyol and isocyanate
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 11:04:00 AM »
Hello,

Thank you for your answer. If the foam is covered with crystals this means there is more Isocyanate. The mixing of ISO and polyol is put in place for more years but sometimes there are problems which I would like to know what problems are there and what are the solutions. They are also using separator on forms.

I want to know whole chemistry, all problems and solutions when making PU foam from ISO and polyol.
Also REACH for work. REACH is very poor and H&S as well.
Please help me if you know about the above things.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links