March 28, 2024, 06:47:13 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Spectrum analysis App  (Read 3654 times)

Offline Ms.Moser

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Spectrum analysis App
« on: October 24, 2018, 11:32:27 AM »
I had this app. "Spectrum Analysis" by leaf (the app development team?). It was a nice simulation of absorption and emission spectra for various elements (first so many free, then you have to buy up). I had had this app on my iPad for 5 years and used it once a year, but found it really useful for showing the spectrums of elements as the lead up to the quantum model of the atom.

The school updated my old iPad2 (whoohoo! I have a new iPad!) but now I can no longer find the Spectrum Analysis app. Is anyone familiar with this? Or have a great substitute? I'm so sad!

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +526/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
Re: Spectrum analysis App
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 03:14:17 PM »
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Offline Ms.Moser

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Spectrum analysis App
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 09:14:13 PM »
No. Sadly.

It was actually a simulation. Showed the periodic table and you select an element, place it under UV, and it glows. Line up the diffraction grating and shows the emission spectra. You could also show absorption spectra.

One of those things that I used only once a year, but there is nothing else like it when teaching the quantum model of the atom and Bohr's energy levels.

Oh, well. Thanks anyway!

Sponsored Links