March 28, 2024, 10:21:57 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Chemistry of Pioglitazone Hydrochloride  (Read 1233 times)

Offline scaphrax

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Chemistry of Pioglitazone Hydrochloride
« on: November 04, 2018, 02:30:09 PM »
Hey guys, new to this forum so apologies if I haven't followed any rules here or anything.

I really need your help - basically for a uni work of mine, I need to analyse the chemical structure (chiral centres, sterioisomers etc) and properties (pka, salt formations, ionisable groups etc) of pioglitazone  hydrochloride.

This is what it asks,

"This section should discuss the chemistry of the API being assessed in the trial. Some factors to consider might include the 2D chemical structure, some key physicochemical properties (refer to Med. Info. Monographs for some possibilities), stereoisomerism, structural similarities or differences to other APIs of the same class, any unusual or unique features of the API, specific features of the API that are known to be key to pharmacological activity, opportunities for salt formation, any reported polymorphism, stability issues, a comment on the complexity (or otherwise) of the synthesis of the API."

Can anyone help me (provide me with answers) or if not....provide me with some sources that can help me with it.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Chemistry of Pioglitazone Hydrochloride
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 03:31:49 PM »
You have to show your efforts to get help, this is a forum policy.

You were told to look in Med. Info. Monographs - did you?

Have you tried to google it?
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links