March 29, 2024, 07:30:01 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: ACS citation help  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Duveng1

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
ACS citation help
« on: February 07, 2019, 11:50:33 PM »
I recently did a titration lab determining the ascorbic acid content of a brand of lemonade, and I need to reference the lemonade brand when talking about the %RDI in my lab report. I can't seem to find any information on how to reference product labels online, does anyone know how I would reference Country Time lemonade in ACS format?

Offline jeffmoonchop

• Mole Snacks: +37/-5
Re: ACS citation help
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 02:14:08 PM »
Go on a website which states the ingredients and cite that and the date you accessed.

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +526/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
Re: ACS citation help
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 04:09:29 PM »
Typically you wouldn't use a citation for something like this. You would just put this information in your materials and methods section. E.g.,

Lemonade (John Smith's Lemonade Company, New York) was purchased from Amazon.com and used without further purification. According to the manufacturer product label, the lemonade contained water, lemon juice from concentrate, and high fructose corn syrup and had 120 calories per 8 oz. serving.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Sponsored Links