March 28, 2024, 06:09:37 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: The determination of Se and Zn in multivitamin tablets  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Didi2604

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
The determination of Se and Zn in multivitamin tablets
« on: February 19, 2019, 05:34:17 PM »
Hi,
I’m doing my project and the subject is on the determination of the total Se and Zn concentration in multivitamin tablets by différents methods such as: High resolution continuum source atomic absorption spectrometer, inductively coupled plasma emission spectrometer and inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometer. Can you please help me with the sample preparation, some articles who can help me to design the analytical method that I will apply.
Thank you

Offline marquis

• Mole Snacks: +35/-3
Re: The determination of Se and Zn in multivitamin tablets
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 12:09:07 PM »
Best bet- contact the technical support for the instruments your institution owns.  They can put you on the right track for test methods.

Good luck.

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +526/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 01:55:26 PM »
Generally speaking you need to digest your samples in strong acid, then dilute. This can be done on a hot plate, or something more sophisticated like a microwave digester.

There are probably published methods for metal analysis in drugs and supplements that can give you a starting point.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 03:34:29 PM »
I believe (can be wrong though) Pharmacopoeia can be a good starting point.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links