Chemistry Forums for Students > Chemistry Olympiad and other competitions

Train

(1/1)

henlo:
I want to go to IChO and win a medal. Firstly my background, I managed to win a silver medal in my country but didn't got the chance to go to IChO. Then I had another try this year, like a week ago. Guess what? I DIDN'T WON NOTHING, i felt so pathetic. I made a lot of tests (from past olympiads of my country), spend months reading (all four branches 5 hours every day until the start of the olympiad), it worked last year but now I don't know. So I'm going to study a lot more harder, but not in the same way, I don't believe doing the same it's going to do any better. I wanted to know, Which problems should I do to have a very high level? What books will improve my understanding (on any subject)? How do I become faster (at thinking and answering)? How much time of study is necessary to win some good medal (like gold) at IChO?. I'm so sick of being this bad, everyone in my state seems to surpass me even tho it wasn't like that last year, I want to beat everyone, I want to beat my past self by a wide margin. I suck and I want to change that.  (Sorry for the grammar mistakes)

Thanks.

Borek:
Well, you are still better than most of your peers, so don't be too hard on yourself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version