Trying to estimate the lead concentration sent in the air by the fire...
Smelter workers had (in some places, have) harmful amounts of lead in the body due to lead's vapour pressure. If melting pure lead at 601K, the (equilibrium) vapour pressure is 10-11
atm. If bronze molten at 1210K contains 10%Pb, the lead vapour pressure is 10-4
In Notre-Dame's fire, the lead roofing melted around 600K, but the drops that landed on the burning oak beams didn't leave the flames. At 1400K, lead vapour pressure is 10-2atm
. In addition, liquid or gaseous lead in the flames made oxides that went in the atmosphere as fumes, in amounts not limited by the vapour pressure. To my opinion, this is probably the yellow smoke that I never saw over a wood fire.
may have inhaled noxious amounts, especially those who climbed in the towers. The nearby inhabitants downwind
too. Inhabitants farther downwind and by-passers maybe; the smoke didn't fall down immediately, according to the pictures.
I consider prudent that all people who smelled the smoke clean the clothes they wore, and clean with a vacuum cleaner all surfaces of rooms whose window was open.
Some study mapping the amounts
would be urgently needed, diagnosis in the firefighters' blood
more so. Treatments to lead poisoning existhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_poisoning