March 19, 2024, 06:03:30 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Career in chemistry  (Read 1144 times)

Toomas_K

Career in chemistry
« on: May 08, 2019, 03:41:02 AM »
Hello everyone!

I'm going to get Master's degree in chemical technology of drug substances this summer. I don't want to apply for a PhD program neither in Russia, where I'm from, nor in another country cause I'm really exhausted of my studies. I think it's time to make my own career but I don't know what I want to do. I've been working for the last two years and studying at the same time. At first I worked like as a supervisor of a section for producing lyophilizates but then I applied for a chemical technician and I'm still working there. Each of these jobs isn't liked by me and I'm disappointed in pharmaceutical manufacturing.
Can you give me a piece of advice what should I do now? I put my arms down and feel sad. What kind of jobs do you recommend me?

Thank you in advance.

Offline Enthalpy

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +304/-59
Re: Career in chemistry
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 04:11:34 AM »
I you don't like this exact occupation but have more skills, maybe you will prefer to work in a related job, where your studies and experience are valuable?

For instance, develop laboratory apparatus, not necessarily for drugs. Having used lab apparatus is a very strong advantage to design them if you like mechanical or electrical engineering.

Or if you like trading, you could sell consumables and apparatus for this activity. You will be able to understand the customers' needs, suggest the best product.

Sponsored Links