March 29, 2024, 09:01:29 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Vapour temperature  (Read 1478 times)

Offline daf44

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
Vapour temperature
« on: May 13, 2019, 10:01:10 AM »
I have a process at hand where an indirect contact dryer dries a certain amount of feed material. The resulting vapour (95% relative humidity) that is created due to drying leaves the dryer via a duct to an aircondensor, where the water is condensated and the resulting air stream is emitted into the outside air. I have asked the operators what the temperature of this vapour stream is (there is apparently an temperature sensor installed), and they have given me the number of 113 degrees Celsius.

The question that I now have: can this vapour stream really be above 100 degrees if the relative humidity is 95% and atmospheric conditions are assumed? Or is the assumption of atmospheric conditions not valid? Am I missing something here?

Kind regards

Offline pcm81

• Mole Snacks: +12/-3
Re: Vapour temperature
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 04:56:58 PM »
I have a process at hand where an indirect contact dryer dries a certain amount of feed material. The resulting vapour (95% relative humidity) that is created due to drying leaves the dryer via a duct to an aircondensor, where the water is condensated and the resulting air stream is emitted into the outside air. I have asked the operators what the temperature of this vapour stream is (there is apparently an temperature sensor installed), and they have given me the number of 113 degrees Celsius.

The question that I now have: can this vapour stream really be above 100 degrees if the relative humidity is 95% and atmospheric conditions are assumed? Or is the assumption of atmospheric conditions not valid? Am I missing something here?

Kind regards

Water boils at 100C, but that does not mean there is no moisture above 100C.

Sponsored Links