Hello I'm not sure where to post this sorry if this is in the wrong section. I have quartz crystals that I use oxalic acid to clean; I got impatient and used too much oxalic acid powder in solution and it has left a hard white chalky residue on my crystals that I can not get out. I think it's calcium carbonate residue. I hope my crystals are not ruined.
I need the help of chemists; what can I do to remove this residue? It doesn't come off in water or with scrubbing. I also tried using concentrated acetic acid but that doesn't help either. Thanks for your help.