June 16, 2024, 12:57:02 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Human Hormones Emulators and Disruptors  (Read 924 times)

Offline Maads

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Human Hormones Emulators and Disruptors
« on: May 23, 2024, 03:15:43 PM »
I am trying to understand something i had red on several sources about hormonal imitators in humans.

I had learnt that many new cooking appliances are now sold as "BPA Free" since that substance is said to imitate estrogen, the female hormone.

i also have Asperger syndrome, i am male, i had took knowledge about a theory claiming we use to have extremely male brains after the, likely, pre-birth exposure to either abnormally high ammounts of testosterone or some sort of testosterone emulator in the environment.

I am not a chemist, my fields are robotics, electronics and some coding, however, i feel seriously concerned about  this information, so i would like to ask if someone could help me understand it better, should i be understanding this properly, i would like to ask if it does exist, for example, some sort of list of suspected or probed hormone emulators.

Just let me thank you for your attention and support.

Offline Babcock_Hall

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +324/-24
Re: Human Hormones Emulators and Disruptors
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2024, 03:53:18 PM »
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. This is the link to the search engine PubMed.
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/what-is-bpa

Hi Maads,

I don't know the specific answers to your questions.  However, I have a few suggestions regarding how you could go about learning.  The most important thing is to avoid pseudoscience.  If you want to read in-depth, journal articles, I recommend only reading articles that are peer-reviewed.  If you use PubMed as a search engine, I suggest asking only for review articles (not the primary journal articles); there is a box that you can check on the lefthand column when you do a search at PubMed which limits your search to review articles only.  You can use Boolean operators in your searches.

Even review articles can be challenging to read.  Therefore, my suggestion is to use reliable, non-journal sources.  Here are a few that come to mind:  WebMD, In The Pipeline (Derek Lowe's blog at Science), Medscape, Mayoclinic.org, Healthline, and Johns Hopkins Medicine.  I am sure that there are many more.

BPS is bisphenol A.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 04:03:47 PM by Babcock_Hall »

Sponsored Links