April 25, 2024, 03:16:38 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Tunneling through the Quantum Chemistry course...  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Murka

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Tunneling through the Quantum Chemistry course...
« on: April 18, 2013, 04:57:24 PM »
Hey guys,
I saw different opinions on this forum, some people struggle with their physical chemistry courses, some with the organics, some can't identify symmetry operations to save their lives and I understand it all those are not easy, but the struggle I had with all the above does not compare with the struggle I'm having with our Quantum Mechanics/Chemistry course...It doesn't help that the professor is a very young guy that just got appointed to teach and wants to show that he's "The Man"...

I understand the basic mathematical syntax, I can't even point out the exact problem I'm having, it's just that I'm trying to solve our home assignments and I can't understand a thing.

What would be a good book to get on the subjects? One that covers all the basics and is accessible.

Thanks in advance,
Mark.

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +530/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
Re: Tunneling through the Quantum Chemistry course...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 09:20:41 PM »
Wrong forum I think.  There is a stickied thread dealing with p-chem textbooks in the p-chem forum.  Atkins or McQuarrie are the most typical choices.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Sponsored Links