March 28, 2024, 07:16:51 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: How to read standard reference texts  (Read 2337 times)

Offline pinkbutterfly7

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
How to read standard reference texts
« on: June 17, 2015, 09:43:57 AM »
Hi,
I am a postgraduate student...but since there are no forums for postgraduates I decided to post here...I am studying in India...the thing is over here our teachers, for undergrad and postgrad, give us essential notes and then tell us to refer to the standard texts such as Atkins, etc...even though I am a postgrad I panic every time I see these books because of their size.  ???..I have no problem finishing a 700-page novel in two days, but I can barely get past two pages of a textbook in one hour...however I really want to be proficient in this field...I have Atkins physical chemistry, Clayden and Jerry March and Carey and Sundberg for Organic, Pavia for spectroscopy, shriver and atkins and Huheey for Inorganic...I would like to read these books and complete doing so in 18 months time...if you have any suggestions please do reply...and any other resources online that help to become a good chemist?? thank you very much! :) :)

Offline kriggy

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +135/-16
Re: How to read standard reference texts
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 07:38:15 AM »
Well just find the chapter about that covers the notes you have and read it. Its basicaly impossible to read those books like a novel

Sponsored Links