June 09, 2024, 02:39:48 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Making Sources of Chemicals Topics Sticky  (Read 8711 times)

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-45
Making Sources of Chemicals Topics Sticky
« on: June 16, 2006, 04:07:31 PM »
In the Buy/Sell/Trade/Borrow Chemicals, Glassware and Instrumentation forum, would it be possible if someone could make billnotgatez's topics that offer websites that can help you find chemicals sticky?

It would be useful if they stayed at the top of the list. It would also draw more attention to them probably. Alternatively combining the 2 sites the billnotgatez posted into 1 topic and making it sticky.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +223/-62
Re: Making Sources of Chemicals Topics Sticky
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 04:42:49 PM »
I will try to figure out how to set up a combined sticky.
I will try to make so other listers can be included.
The reason I put the SAS entry separate is because I am trying to get this forum listed on their site.

Online Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1804/-411
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 05:08:44 PM »
The reason I put the SAS entry separate is because I am trying to get this forum listed on their site.

Let us know once it will be over (regardless of results), so that someone can merge topics.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-45
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 06:25:20 PM »
Awesome.

I'm in favor of creating a sticky list that lists sources of chemicals from websites.

I'm considering one day maybe making a large aggregated list of common name, chemical formula, common name, uses, and sources of the chemical both from companies like United Nuclear and from common places like a hardware store.

I would make this as a website if I ever get around to doing it. I would organize it like wiki has it listed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_inorganic_compounds
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

Sponsored Links