Chemical Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Sponsored links

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 325231 times)

kamiyu

• Mole Snacks: +8/-7
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #495 on: August 16, 2016, 08:21:34 AM »

Hello, I am a 3rd year PhD student in University of St Andrews working on inventing novel organic electronics. I will graduate soon. I am happy to discuss chemistry science and career with you guys here.

Below is the link to my ResearchGate. There you can have a brief look at my research so far.

periodicMemes

« Reply #496 on: August 30, 2016, 02:59:19 PM »

Hi, all! I'm turning 18 on the 12th and am currently a freshman in college. Yesterday was my first day. Despite being a freshman, though, I'm one of the 13 students taking organic chemistry and the lab because the college applied my AP score as college credit. I joined this forum because I'm a little nervous about it, especially bc I'm taking bio at the same time. Hopefully I can find some great resources and help to make use of on here.

sixsixstang351

« Reply #497 on: August 31, 2016, 10:35:05 AM »

I'm a Cal mechanical engineer/UCLA MBA... have a number of entrepreneurial ideas, and a couple of them involve chemistry.  Which I probably could have paid more attention to in class (chemistry is hardly the only topic this applies to).  But I didn't, which brings me here.  :)

Good to meet you, apologize in advance for the dumb questions (and possibly for the vague ones as I try to keep the public from knowing my top secret get rich ideas, lol).

On a side note, if anyone is of a like mind, feel free to hit me up

AWK

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +445/-78
« Reply #498 on: August 31, 2016, 04:40:40 PM »

It is never too late to learn.
AWK

jasongnome

• Mole Snacks: +3/-0
  • Chemistry teacher.
« Reply #499 on: September 01, 2016, 11:32:43 PM »

Just joined the forum today.

I'm a former microbiology technician and now a chemistry teacher and head of science in an international school teaching the British curriculum. Lacking the easy resources and people to bounce ideas off this could be a useful place for me to get extra advice on tuning up certain practical work.

I do a LOT of practical work and have run science clubs in both the UK and here (I'm proud so say that my students did get a first place in a Salters' chemistry festival while teaching in the UK). I like to do some more obscure practicals and am happy to give extra advice, particularly safety advice to those wanting to try out something a little different, or having trouble getting something to work.

When you are courting a nice girl, an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity. (Albert Einstein)

Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1539/-389
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #500 on: September 02, 2016, 12:14:39 AM »

Welcome to the forum :)
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info, pH-meter.info

Leonardpher

Hello everybody!
« Reply #501 on: September 05, 2016, 02:18:58 AM »

Hi!
I'm Leonard from Ulaanbaatar - Mongolia. I just wanted to say hello to all users of this forum. I'm pretty new here but I hope I can add a lot of fresh value to this community. Hope we can see you soon :)

RITESH KAKKAR

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #502 on: September 12, 2016, 08:16:16 PM »

Hello guys,
I am Ritesh Kakkar from india Uttarakhand Dehradun
Address House Number 24 Green park Niranjanpur opp subzi mandi
Dehradun Uttarakhand 248001
i have done engineering in Electrical and electronic Engineering

foodinchina

« Reply #503 on: September 13, 2016, 04:45:34 AM »

Hello, I am Zhejiang University, Chemical bachelor, very /glad to be here

ANTONSCIENTIFIC

« Reply #504 on: October 05, 2016, 05:32:02 AM »

Hello All :),

Am a Chemistry Lover and a Manufacturer of Customized Laboratory Glassware's From India.

We can manufacture Glassware's of your own Customized Design and ship World Wide.

Thanks
Anton :)

RITESH KAKKAR

« Reply #505 on: November 25, 2016, 01:52:13 AM »

Hello
i am from shivalik college of Engineering uttarakhand technical university India uttarakhand dehradun

bootlegengineer

• Very New Member
« Reply #506 on: December 12, 2016, 06:48:45 AM »

Hi! I'm bootlegengineer and I'm 22. I'm a novice pyro technician and love the chemistry behind it. Because I'm not certified, I do NOT make explosives aside from gunpowder (below 15 lb), But I hope to receive training at Penn State and become qualified for a Federal Explosives License. I've always been interested in demolition, mining, and military strategy through the use of explosives as well as the chemistry behind them. I want to one day become a legal manufacturer of explosives to serve both the industry and the millitary. I also want to maybe one day invent my own type of explosive.

I find it sad that terrorism has given volatiles such a bad name and made it so hard to trust people with explosives, but I doubt that will ever change. That's OK though because explosives are an extremely dangerous thing and should NEVER be given to the wrong hands, which is why I support the tight regulation. But instead of making people PAY for a license, why can't the government just hold special training for people who want to become certified in the explosives industry? That way, only the trustworthy can obtain certification AND they won't have to pay monthly for a license, because, sadly, there are some people who can't afford it, like me.

Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1539/-389
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #507 on: December 12, 2016, 11:44:18 AM »

Hi! I'm bootlegengineer and I'm 22. I'm a novice pyro technician and love the chemistry behind it

Welcome to the forum.

Please remember per forum rules we don't discuss pyrotechnics. That is, there is nothing wrong with some theoretical aspects, but no recipes and no practical details.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info, pH-meter.info

rs20

« Reply #508 on: January 15, 2017, 04:35:00 PM »

Hi folks,

I'm an electronic/software engineer who dabbles in an occasional bit of novice chemistry -- recent examples being a failed attempt to try a bit of copper electroplating (well, I did achieve electroplating, but the finish was awful), and the incredibly complex synthesis that is the preparation of Neodymium Sulphate from Neodymium Oxide. I'm also partway through building an NQR spectrometer for fun (optimized for Cu), which to be fair is much more of an electronics project than a chemistry project!

I look forward to exchanging chemistry advice for electronics advice!

Cheers,
Robert

Ibrido

« Reply #509 on: January 19, 2017, 05:44:57 AM »

Hi all,

I'm a PhD student who... desperately needs a place where to talk about organic chemistry in total freedom :) . So happy to have found a forum, like in the good ol' days :), so... read you around ;).
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35   Go Up

Mitch Andre Garcia's Chemical Forums 2003-Present.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 23 queries.