March 29, 2024, 07:29:56 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Re: Is MMS from Jim Humble safe? What can cause NaClO2 to the cells?  (Read 3749 times)

uzzybro

the major bodies responible for medicine/food supplement licensing un the US, UK and Canada have all issued warnings about using it.

A bit off topic, but I cannot hold back.

Ha, this makes me laugh. On which planet are you living? Or what do you expect from the "major bodies"? To protect us?
Could you imagine what would be the outcome of clinical evidence that MMS is effective? The pharma industry would go crazy and those are the once who decide what the "major bidoes responsible for medicine" are saying.
I propose you to watch this movie: http://garynullfilms.com/fdacult/
Like someone wrote on some forum: in the orthodox medicine doctors are the sell agents for pharmas.

Now, I am also interested in a more specific response to the original question.

Meanwhile, what would interest me is the following(I need a chemist for this):
Once NaClO2 gets into the body(stomach) what will happen? It dissambles into NaCl and ClO2? Cause in this case I expect that NaCl is processed as normal salt and ClO2 is a strong oxidizer, will be picked up by the red cells and put into the bloodstream.

Regards, Uzzy.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Is MMS from Jim Humble safe? What can cause NaClO2 to the cells?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 04:31:00 AM »
ClO2 is a strong oxidizer, will be picked up by the red cells and put into the bloodstream.

Strong oxidizer means it will oxidize whatever comes first into contact with it. So it will destroy the stomach lining first, then - if it will make its way into the bloodstream - it will destroy cells there. But because of its high reactivity I doubt it will be able to get far in substantial quantities.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

uzzybro

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 01:15:53 PM »
So it will destroy the stomach lining first, then - if it will make its way into the bloodstream - it will destroy cells there

I really doubt that this is quite what is happening. It might something to do with the taken amount, cause this means that all the people who swallowed MMS should have a whole in the stomach!?

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 01:33:07 PM »
Destroyed lining doesn't necessarily mean "hole". In the case of really large amount I can imagine perforation of the stomach, but in small doses I would expect irritation, erosion and some bleeding. These would classify as chemical burns.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline JGK

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +66/-19
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 02:42:50 PM »
the major bodies responible for medicine/food supplement licensing un the US, UK and Canada have all issued warnings about using it.

A bit off topic, but I cannot hold back.

Ha, this makes me laugh. On which planet are you living? Or what do you expect from the "major bodies"? To protect us?
Could you imagine what would be the outcome of clinical evidence that MMS is effective? The pharma industry would go crazy and those are the once who decide what the "major bidoes responsible for medicine" are saying.
I propose you to watch this movie: http://garynullfilms.com/fdacult/
Like someone wrote on some forum: in the orthodox medicine doctors are the sell agents for pharmas.

Now, I am also interested in a more specific response to the original question.

Meanwhile, what would interest me is the following(I need a chemist for this):
Once NaClO2 gets into the body(stomach) what will happen? It dissambles into NaCl and ClO2? Cause in this case I expect that NaCl is processed as normal salt and ClO2 is a strong oxidizer, will be picked up by the red cells and put into the bloodstream.

Regards, Uzzy.

Original thread link http://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?topic=50928.0

Uzzy,

I live on Planet Earth where for the better part of 25 years I was involved regulatory testing of chemicals and pharmaceuticals. If you want to advocate taking industrial strength water purification chemicals as a cure-all, I'll take a back seat and wait for your appearance (and all those who follow the same track) in the next Darwin Awards.

Ironically MMS has probably never been tested as a therapeutic agent due to its High pH in solution which actually negates researchers ability to test it on ethical grounds.

Plus if you are correct about ClO2, have you any idea what strong oxidizing agents do in the body? they would disrupt virtually every metabolic pathway, cause oxidative damage to genetic material etc.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Sponsored Links