April 10, 2024, 05:20:00 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Foreign PhD seeking entry level chemist in US  (Read 2552 times)

Offline yumi

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Foreign PhD seeking entry level chemist in US
« on: April 10, 2016, 06:11:29 PM »
Hello,

I am a fresh immigrant to the US. I have my PhD in Synthetic Organic Chemistry (Surfactants) from Japan. I used to work for a cosmetic company in Japan and I am now applying for formulation chemist positions here. However, I could not get any call for interview so far after three months.

It could be my PhD degree that didn't land me any interview so far. How should I revise my resume  that people know I am really interested in entry-level positions ? Should I write it clearly in the objective ?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Offline CY231

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1
Re: Foreign PhD seeking entry level chemist in US
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 07:32:46 PM »
Welcome to the US! I think you are in a good field for finding a position, however you may find the job market here to be tighter than in Japan. Since much of our work has left the US, finding a position has proven difficult for some American chemists. Since you are new here, you may find it even more difficult to find a suitable position. I suggest contacting a recruiting firm or just a temporary job placement agency just to get something started. After you have local references and a good performance history, you may find it easier to land that dream job. Good luck!

Sponsored Links